Friday, January 13, 2012

Lord, shine the light of Christ upon me that my darkness and despair may be gone.


God lovingly came to me in my heap of despair and disaster and seemed to kiss the elbows and knees I had scraped in the fall.  
~~Beth Moore

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.

In a world filed with violence and disasters, illness and disappointments, there is no shortage of hurt, pain, and tears. They’re all around, driving you deeper into hopelessness. Blinded by your troubles you stumble into the pits of despair. Lying there bleeding and wounded, you wonder: Where is my hope?

But God shines down a light of hope in his Son, Jesus Christ.

Jesus’ outstretched hand reaches to you; gratefully, you place your hand in his. Lovingly, Jesus lifts you out of the pit and stands you up. He cleanses your wounds and kisses them. In Jesus, your hope is renewed.

God doesn’t want to leave his beloved children in disaster or despair. He came to give them fullness of joy. So, he lovingly comes to you, no matter what difficult situation you’re in. That’s where he does his best work.

Prayer for Meditation

Lord, shine the light of Christ upon me that my darkness and despair may be gone.  

Scripture for Meditation

You light a lamp for me. The LORD, my God, lights up my darkness. Psalm 18:28

Music for Meditation

Take Heart My Friend


If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment