Thursday, January 12, 2012

Lord, I come to you as I am. Make me yours.


I cannot ask Thee to restore
 The years of canker and of blight,
For Thou hast called me o’er and o’er,
And sought me thro’ the long, dark night;
I cannot ask it, Lord, but see—
I bring a broken heart to Thee!

~~Mary Artemisia Lathbury

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
“The years of canker and of blight.” It’s old language but the words deeply resonate if we have spent many years living far from God, spending our lives in what will not last, seeking for a joy we could never find. Indeed, being far from him is like living in a “long, dark night.”
We may look back across years where we lived our own way and wish we could get them back. If only we had sought God sooner. If only we had heard that voice calling us “o’er and o’er.” Then we could have saved ourselves much pain and heartache.
God will not turn back time, but he readily accepts broken hearts. He specializes in taking hearts beaten and bruised by life and healing them.
Come to him with your broken heart, your fragmented soul, your worn baggage. He will make you whole.
Prayer for Meditation
Lord, I come to you as I am. Make me yours.  

Scripture for Meditation
The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit. You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God. Psalm 51:17
Music for Meditation 

Lord of Eternity


If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment