Friday, August 19, 2011

How reliable is the Lord


I realized that out of my future somewhere might be other sorrows . . . But there was also the sure knowledge that I need never meet any future difficulty alone, that help from a loving God would ever be available.
~~Catherine Marshall

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.

How reliable is our Lord!
Every time we have our heart wounded, find ourselves stranded, or face great difficulty, God is there to bandage us, soothe us, and help us find our way. He is a faithful Father—we know that. But what we may not realize is that through each painful experience God is building his credibility with us for our future difficulties.
Just like a child learns that her mom will be there when she falls off the bike or gets bullied at school, our heavenly Father is there for us. We learn through our daily challenges that God can be trusted, not only with little skirmishes, but also with the great big battles.
This is the assurance that Catherine Marshall draws from for strength to step forward into the future. Although more sorrows may be ahead for us, we can be confident God will be with us every step of the way. His help is ever available.
Prayer for Meditation
Trustworthy Savior, teach me to relax in my situations knowing you are in charge.
Scripture for Meditation
I will comfort you there in Jerusalem as a mother comforts her child. Isaiah 66:13
Music for Meditation

I Am A Friend of God


If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com.

2 comments:

  1. This email was received through Prayers for Sally email from Kathryn Sowards:

    I am praying for Sally with great sadness in my heart, but also gratitude. I found the blog after learning only that cancer had returned to her, but knowing little else. I knew Sally because she was a friend of my mother and my mother loved her dearly. Even when my mothers cancer (in the brain) aggravated her already difficult political attitude, she was a loyal supporter of Sally. I am praying for her peace and healing and safety. I will pray hard. I knew Sally as someone who wanted to make the world better and always felt her deep goodness when I was with her. Love, Kathy Sowards

    ReplyDelete
  2. This email was received through Prayers for Sally email from Garry Sennett:

    Hey, thinking of you. I hope your feeling well. Miss you

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete