Thursday, May 19, 2011

By His Spirit

Our prayer and meditation this morning for Sally’s healing is an excerpt from Moments of Peace for the Morning: Inspirational Thoughts and Prayers to Begin Your Day.

As you awoke this morning, what was on your mind? Was it the challenges you will face today? Are there problems you need to confront—issues that are too massive for you to handle? God knows everything that concerns you today. And though you may not be able to conquer the difficulties on your own. God strengthens and enables you to face them by his Spirit. You don’t have to rely on your own strength and wisdom; God provides his boundless resources to you. No matter what is ahead today, take heart. You will be amazed by what you can accomplish when your work is empowered by God’s Spirit.
Dear God, thank you that the things ahead today are conquerable by your Spirit. Thank you for giving me your strength and wisdom. Amen.

Scripture for Meditation

Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord Almighty. Zechariah 4:6
I’m filled with God’s power, filled with God’s Spirit of justice and strength. Micah 3:8

Music for Meditation
I Watch the Sunrise by Daniel O’Donnell

I watch the sunrise lighting the sky,
Casting its shadows near.
And on this morning bright though it be,
I feel those shadows near me.

But you are always close to me
Following all my ways.
May I be always close to you
Following all your ways, Lord.

I watch the sunlight shine through the clouds,
Warming the earth below.
And at the mid-day, life seems to say:"
"I feel your brightness near me."
For you are always . . .

I watch the sunset fading away,
Lighting the clouds with sleep.
And as the evening closes its eyes,
I feel your presence near me.
For you are always . . .

I watch the moonlight guarding the night,
Waiting till morning comes.
The air is silent, earth is at rest
Only your peace is near me.
Yes, you are always…

If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sally,
    I have tried several times to post a comment during the past few days, but haven't been successful.I visit your site almost daily. The devotionals and scriptures are often my guide for prayer as I lift your name to our heavenly father.Please know that even if you don't see a post, you are never far from my thoughts and prayers.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete