Thursday, March 1, 2012

I thank you, God, for your love and protection.


He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock / that shadows a dry, thirsty land, / He hideth my life with the depths of His love, / and covers me there with His hand.   

~~Fanny Crosby


This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
What images come to mind when you hear the word “cover”? Snow blanketing the ground? A beautiful homemade quilt resting on a bed? A shawl to throw around cold shoulders? Perhaps a police officer backing up her partner, armed and ready?
 A common expression we like to hear is “I’ve got you covered.” But it doesn’t have anything to do with snow, blankets, shawls, or guns. It’s a positive statement assuring us that someone is alongside, offering protection, safety, encouragement, support.
Beloved, realize this today: God has you covered. When you’re stuck in a dark place, thirsty for someone who cares, drowning in despair—God is with you. He covers you with his hands of hope, protection, support. Rest in his all-encompassing love today.  

Prayer for Meditation
I thank you, God, for your love and protection.
Scripture for Meditation
The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior: my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. Psalm 18:2 

Music for Meditation 

Give Me Jesus

 

If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment