Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Savior and Lord, I surrender my “strength” to you today.


Even when our heart is cold and our mind is dim, prayer is still possible to us.
“Our wills are ours, to make them Thine.”   

~~Evelyn Underhill  

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
She grew up in a strong Christian family and had carried her parents’ values into her adult life. Though she was a caring, loving person, she’d never fully surrendered her life to Christ. “It took a serious marital crisis to show me that I’d been living a ‘Christian life’ in my own strength,” she says, “in the process, my heart had become cold and hard. I had lost the joy. I had lost the will to serve. I needed to find a way to get back to God.”
We have been created by God to draw close to him, but we so often find our hearts cold and our minds dim. As Evelyn Underhill explains, even in those circumstances, prayer is still possible to us. We turn over our will to him so that he can make it his own.
He desires our surrender, our prayers, and our love, not our efforts.
Prayer for Meditation
My Savior and Lord, I surrender my “strength” to you today.
Scripture for Meditation
Don’t you realize that you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey? You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living. Romans 6:16 

Music for Meditation

I Surrender All

 

If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment