Tuesday, September 13, 2011

You are the hope that leads me out of the dark


My calling is to press my face into the shoulder blades of Jesus
so that wherever he leads I will go.

~~Margaret Feinberg

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
Hold on tight and don’t let go. That’s the picture Margaret Feinberg creates when she describes her calling at pressing her face into the shoulder blades of Jesus. When we hold on that tight, we show trust, we draw comfort, we give love.
When you hold onto Jesus like this, you draw in his scent of strength and purpose. You feel the radiant warmth of his love. And you’re so intoxicated by it that you follow closely so as not to lose a single precious moment basking in his nearness. As you lean into him, the direction of your steps becomes almost irrelevant. Each cobblestone you traverse, each ditch you leap across, becomes a victory. You care less about where you’re going and more about simply trusting where he’s leading you.
Press in. Inhale deeply. And don’t lag behind.  
Prayer for Meditation
Lord, make me so enamored of your presence that I press in for more.
Scripture for Meditation
Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny.
Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth.
My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever. Psalm 73:23-26
Music for Meditation

The Light In Me 


If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment