Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lord, I want to honor you today in everything I do.


How I need to order my life around one incredible thought:
 God is to be honored in all I do.
My heart’s desire is to be so overwhelmed with
 . . . God that my life cannot help but bring Him glory.  

~~Cynthia Heald 

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
In those early morning moments when your eyes first open, what goes through your mind? What gets you up and out of bed?
Perhaps a fussy infant gets you moving, or a long list of responsibilities. Maybe it’s the smell of fresh-brewed coffee, or the song of sparrows. But have you ever considered that you and the sun share the same reason for rising?
God created you and the sun to display his glory. The sun displays the glory of his sustaining and creative power. You display the glory of the risen Christ who lives in you!
Imagine that. As the sun warms the earth, you radiate the warmth of God’s love. That’s why you’re here. And every single thing you do falls into the category of showcasing God’s glory and goodness. Order your life around the incredible thought—God is to be honored in all you do.  
Prayer for Meditation
Lord, I want to honor you today in everything I do.
Scripture for Meditation
For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.

Music for Meditation 

I Watch the Sunrise

 

If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment