Saturday, January 28, 2012

Will you carry this burden, Lord Jesus? It’s too heavy for me to bear.


Every day something else failed to make sense, something else grew too heavy.
“Will you carry this too, Lord Jesus?” 

~~Corrie Ten Boom  

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
Some days the weight on our shoulders feels like too much to bear already, and then—something else happens, something else doesn’t make sense, and yet another weight is placed on our stooping back. This time it is too heavy. We can’t possibly carry this one.
Corrie ten Boom watched her world spin out of control from behind the fence of a Nazi prison camp. Nothing made any sense. Every day a new burden was added to her overloaded psyche and it was too much to bear. Where was Jesus?
He was right there with her. She took the encumbering confusion and handed it to Jesus. He willingly carried the load for her.
Are you struggling under a burden? Jesus never intends to give you too much. He offers to shift the weight of your burdens onto himself.
“Will You carry this too, Lord Jesus?” you ask. He smiles. Yes, He will.
Prayer for Meditation
Will you carry this burden, Lord Jesus? It’s too heavy for me to bear.
Scripture for Meditation
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.  Matthew 11:28-30 

Music for Meditation 

I Surrender

 

If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment