Friday, June 3, 2011

I Met God In The Morning

I Met God In The Morning
PJW Art Gallery
Our prayer and meditation this morning comes from Moments of Peace for the Morning: Inspirational Thoughts and Prayers to begin Your Day. 
This morning are you pondering what God is doing in your life? You may not know, and that is okay. However, the real question is this: Do you have confidence that God knows where he is leading you?
Your hope should not be based on your understanding of God’s purpose for you. Rather, your faith should be firmly grounded in God, who is bringing it about in you. Even if that purpose seems very distant, you still trust him to successfully bring you to the destination. It is his able hand that works out his plans—not yours. Trust him to do exactly what is needed to bring them to fulfillment.
Prayer for Meditation
Dear God, I trust that you are a faithful and able leader. Thank you that my future is a work in your hands. Amen.
Scripture for Meditation
The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever. Psalm 138:8
O Lord my God, you have done many miracles for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them. Psalm 40:5
Music for Meditation
Poem by Ralph Cushman; Music: Melancholy
I Met God in The Morning 

I met God in the morning,
when my day was at it's best
and His Presence came as sunrise
like a glory in my breast.

All day long His Presence lingered
All day long He stayed with me
and we sailed in perfect calmness
o'er a very troubled sea.

Other ships were blown and battered,
other ships were so distressed,
but the winds that seemed to drive them
brought to me a peace and rest.

Then I thought of other mornings
with a keen remorse of mind,
when I too had loosed the moorings
and His Presence left behind.

So, I think I know the secret,
learned from many a troubled way
you must seek God in the morning,
if you want Him through the day.

If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment