Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My Shepherd, thank you for caring for me enough to look for me when I wander.


God comes looking for us and brings us home,
away from the danger we got ourselves into.
He loves us so much that He doesn’t want to lose even one of us.  

~~Tracie Petterson 

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
When a shepherd discovers a sheep is missing, he can stand and shake his head over that stupid animal, or call out the sheep’s name and give up on it if it doesn’t come. But a shepherd who cares about his sheep goes out in search of the creature who has gone astray. He knows the sheep may be lost, stuck, or in danger from a predator. He will keep looking until he finds it.
Jesus, our Great Shepherd, doesn’t give up when he calls and we don’t answer. He doesn’t leave us to make our own way home. He doesn’t stand and scold when he finds us stuck in thorns after we’ve wandered away. He tenderly pulls us out of the thorn bush and offers medicine for our wounds.
Oh that we would learn that the best place is to stay close by the Shepherd’s side.
Prayer for Meditation
My Shepherd, thank you for caring for me enough to look for me when I wander.
Scripture for Meditation
I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep.  A hired hand will run when he sees a wolf coming. He will abandon the sheep because they don’t belong to him and he isn’t their shepherd. And so the wolf attacks them and scatters the flock.  The hired hand runs away because he’s working only for the money and doesn’t really care about the sheep. 

“I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep. 

Music for Meditation

The Lord is My Shepherd

 

If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment