Thursday, August 11, 2011

When you have nowhere else to go, turn to Him


Have you noticed when you run out of places to turn; He’s always there?

~~Patsy Clairmont

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.

He will cover you with his feathers.
He will shelter you with his wings.
His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
Psalm 91:4  

A check left in our mailbox. A box of clothes dropped on our doorstep. A casserole dish thrust into our arms. Just when we think we’ve run out of resources, God’s love shows up in the hands and feet of people around us.
And just when we think our tears will never stop flowing, God gives us his merciful presence. Peace that envelops us like a cozy quilt. Balm that soothes and heals our wounds. Calm that washes over us like a gentle spring rain or a cool, bubbling brook on a hot summer day.
When a brick wall leaves us nowhere to turn, God hasn’t disappeared. He is there. When we run out of options, he is there. When we think hope is gone, he is there.
Take your impossible situation to God. When you have nowhere else to turn, turn to him. He is there.

Prayer for Meditation
Lord, help me to remember today that you are here.  
Scripture for Meditation
I will call on the Lord, who is worthy of praise, for he saves me from my enemies.
The ropes of death surrounded me; the floods of destruction swept over me.
The grave wrapped its ropes around me; death itself stared me in the face.
But in my distress I cried out to the Lord; yes, I prayed to my God for help.
He heard me from his sanctuary; my cry reached his ears. Psalm 18:3-6

Music for Meditation

My Savior’s Love 


If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment