Friday, August 26, 2011

Don’t give up, for He doesn’t give up on you


Every believer needs second chances. Some of us need lots of them.

~~Beth Moore

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
Second chances. We all want them, but in the reality of this harsh world, second chances don’t come easy. When unkind words are spoken in anger once too often, friendships are ruined. When trust is broken over and over, marriages are shattered. The end comes. We don’t want to be hurt again. No more second chances.
But not so with God.
God sees your heart; he understands your weaknesses; he knows that you fail. You need second chances because you are not perfect. But God who is perfect sees the real you and by his grace and mercy gives you the second chances that the world wouldn’t. It’s in his unfailing love that God offers his outstretched hand to those who humble themselves, knowing they can’t do it alone.
God has lots of second chances. Take them. Don’t give up, for he doesn’t give up on you.
Prayer for Meditation
Lord, I have failed many tines but, in your love, I want to keep trying,.
Scripture for Meditation – John 21:15-17
After breakfast Jesus asked Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”
“Yes, Lord,” Peter replied, “you know I love you.”
“Then feed my lambs," Jesus told him.
Jesus repeated the question: “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
“Yes, Lord,” Peter said, “you know I love you.”
“Then take care of my sheep,” Jesus said.
A third time he asked him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
Peter was hurt that Jesus asked the question a third time. He said, “Lord, you know everything. You know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Then feed my sheep.”
Music for Meditation

Don’t Give Up


If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment