Thursday, June 30, 2011

Trembling Faith

The faith that gets us through unthinkable circumstances begins with being flat-out needy and allowing God’s love to wrap us up, hold us close, and dry our tears.

~~Carol Kent

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take My Heart Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
Has it happened to you yet? Have you experienced something so painful that you never would have believed you could survive? If not, surely you’ve marveled at someone who has endured unthinkable circumstances, faith intact.
Faith borne of desperation is a strong faith—a faith that can get us through. When the pain is too immense or the trial insurmountable, we know we can’t do it alone. At that point, we come to a crossroads. We can choose to give up, continue failing and fighting on our own strength, or surrender to the One who is able to carry us through. We come to him with our trembling faith and our complete neediness. And that’s okay with him.
When it’s all just too much to bear, allow God’s love to wrap you up, hold you close, and dry your tears.
Prayer for Meditation
I am so grateful for your love, Lord. Please hold me close and dry my tears.
Scripture for Meditation
I am worn out from sobbing. Every night tears drench my bed; my pillow is wet from weeping. My vision is blurred by grief; my eyes are worn out because of all my enemies. Go away, all you who do evil for the Lord has heard my crying. The Lord has heard my plea; the Lord will answer my prayer. Psalm 6:6-8
Music for Meditation

Better Than A Hallelujah

 
If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment