Friday, July 1, 2011

Glory of the Cross

Suffering opens our eyes to the centrality of the cross in the Christian life, enables us to lift up the crucified Savior to the rest of the world.
~Elisabeth Elliott

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take My Heart Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
Few of us would voluntarily ask for a cup of suffering. Most of us get one anyway.
We are not alone. The cup of suffering has been drunk by generations of saints before us. Suffering is the very cup Jesus willingly accepted in life and in death. When we drink from the cup, we can allow the bitter aftertaste of suffering to overwhelm us or we can have faith that God can use that suffering to transform us.
Take the cup of suffering you hold in your hands today and bring it to God. Sit at the foot of the cross. Think of your Savior there, willingly dying so that you could be saved.
Through your pain and the faith you show in the midst of it, you are lifting up your crucified Savior to the rest of the world. Others see in you the glory of Christ’s cross.
Prayer for Meditation
Help me, God, to show Christ to the world in my suffering.
Scripture for Meditation
But it was the Lord’s good plan to crush him and cause him grief. Yet when his life is made an offering for sin, he will have many descendants. He will enjoy a long life, and the lord’s good plan will prosper in his hands. When he sees all that is accomplished by his anguish, he will be satisfied. And because of his experience, my righteous servant will make it possible for many to be counted righteous, for he will bear all their sins. Isaiah 53:10-12
Music for Meditation

Abide With Me
If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. This comment was received through Prayers for Sally email:

    Good morning my love,

    Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you. I do that EVERY DAY!!! Please call me if you need anything. I have finally got my car fixed so I am going to be coming over to visit. I have heard that you have been having a hard time and I am so sorry you are. I am sure that you are tired of all the crap you are going through but, as you know, God has a plan for you. He is there with you every second of every day. He is your strength. You can do anything with Him by your side. KNOW THAT THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE WHO ARE PRAYING FOR YOU AND THAT LOVE YOU!!! Hang in there sweetie. I love you so much. I am here if you need me. Please call anytime for anything. Sending big hugs your way.


    Jackie B

    ReplyDelete