Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pressing On

You may have no idea when or how God will answer your prayers,
but don’t stop praying.

~~Nancy Leigh DeMoss

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take My Heart Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
When it feels like our prayers are being met with silence, we experience great discouragement. When we’ve talked to God for a long time and haven’t seen any impact from our prayers, it’s easy to become weary or to decide that God just isn’t going to get involved with this situation at all.
Waiting days, weeks, years for God to answer tempts us to give up. It’s quite different from “waiting” in our culture of instant gratification, where problems are solved within a sixty-minute TV show.
The truth is, we don’t know when or how any of our prayers will be answered. What we do know is that God promises to answer. So we keep praying, for in those deep conversations with God we are forging deep trust and developing strong faith.
No matter how silent God seems, dear sister, don’t stop praying.
Prayer for Meditation
God, give me the endurance to keep praying for I know you will answer.
Scripture for Meditation – Psalm 13
O Lord, how long will You forget me? Forever? How long will You look the other way.
How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my heart every day? How long will my enemy have the upper hand?
Turn and answer me, O Lord my God! Restore the sparkle to my eyes, or I will die.
Don’t let my enemies gloat, saying, “We have defeated him!” Don’t let them rejoice at my downfall.
But I trust in Your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
I will sing to the Lord because he is good to me.
Music for Meditation

How Long Oh Lord

 


If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment