Wednesday, May 25, 2011

When I Called, You Answered Me

Good morning Prayer Warriors,

Today I also ask for prayer for McKenzie Hicks, a 20-year old sophomore at Morehead State University. McKenzie was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma Type 11b earlier this year when her doctors discovered a large mass above her heart pushing on her trachea. She has gone through 3 months of chemo with a smile and a can-do spirit. Now she is facing radiation and tough decisions. Please keep McKenzie and her family in your prayers and pray that the Holy Spirit guide her medical team as they meet this afternoon and make recommendations for further treatment.

Our healing prayer and meditation this morning comes from Praying Through Cancer by Susan Sorensen. Excerpt written by Kim Newlen, author, speaker, and founder of Sweet Monday.

Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold.
~1 Corinthians 3:12

Whoever would have thought that boldness would come with baldness? Certainly not me! Being a woman who likes to look good, I thought being part of the Bald and the Breastless would keep my head under the covers. I thought I would be afraid to come out and go about the days God ordained just for me. What a picture of His sweet grace in my life! With marriage, motherhood, and ministry, it has been hard to squeeze cancer into my schedule. I’ve been able to push those covers back and get out of bed looking the way I do!
To my surprise, God used cancer not to slow me down but to accelerate my desire for others to know Him. While life is difficult for those of us who know our good God through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, what are other women doing who don’t know Him? What are they modeling behind closed doors to their precious children watching? We cannot give out what we don’t have! We have everything to offer a hurting world when we love Christ. We can boldly live the hope within us.

Prayer for Meditation
Lord Jess, how comforting to know that You are so personal, You know the number of hairs on my head and not on my head. Only You can give me the ability to face these days with such big physical strikes against my femininity. You graciously give me boldness and courage that only You can give. I don’t have it on my own. You are the reason I get out of bed every morning looking and feeling the way I do. How grateful I am that I have everything to offer those you place in my life because I have You. I can be bold and courageous because You are the hope within me.

I praise You, Lord, with all my heart. I praise Your name for Your love and Your faithfulness. You have exalted above all things Your name and Your Word. When I called, You answered me. You made me bold with strength in my soul. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You revive me; You stretch out Your hand to help me. You perfect that which concerns me. I am so grateful to be Yours!
Scripture for Meditation
Prayer Reference: Psalm 138:1-3, 7-8

Music for Meditation
Praise the Father, Praise the Son by Chris Tomlin

If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment