Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sweet Surrender

When difficult circumstances come into my life, I hear God’s voice saying, “. . .let me be the blessed controller. Surrender. Accept my timing. Accept my ways. Accept my outcome. Let your trust be in me alone.”
~Linda Dillow

Our prayer and meditation this morning comes from Take My Heart Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
One word in Linda’s quote can be easily overlooked—the word when. Not if, but when difficult circumstances come into our lives, we are called to listen for God’s voice. Maybe you’re going through a peaceful season right now and your load is light. What better time to start practicing? Wake up each morning and say, “Lord, I’m giving you full control of this day and all that concerns me.” And if today is full of difficult circumstances, God calls you to let him take control. Surrender it all to him. Accept the timing of his answers, the ways he will answer, and the outcome he has planned.

Let go, dear sister. During the good times and the bad. God lovingly calls you to trust him alone. Begin the obedient act of falling back into his waiting arms. Trust him. He’ll catch you every time. 

Prayer for Meditation

Precious Lord, I surrender today to your timing. Your ways. Your outcome.

Scripture for Meditation

“My thoughts are completely different from yours,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.  

Music for Meditation
Draw Me Close to You by Michael W. Smith
If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment