Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What A Friend We Have In Jesus

As we pray and meditate over Sally's healing this morning, let us lift her up to the Lord Jesus asking that He take her fear, anxiety, and worry over next week's procedures, and that He prepare our hearts and minds for our hour of prayer and meditation on Sunday, May 1 at 6:00 p.m. EST. 

This morning we continue in our series of prayers fron Jesus Calling: Enjoing Peace in His Presence by Sarah Young. 

Let me prepare you for the day that stretches out before you. I know exactly what this day will contain, whereas you have only vague ideas about it. You would like to see a map, showing all the twists and turns of your journey. You'd feel more prepared if you could somehow visualize what is on the road ahead. However, there is a better way to be prepared for whatever you will encounter today. Spend quality time with Me.

I will not show you what is on the road ahead, but I will thoroughly equip you for the journey. My living Presence is your Companion each step of the way. Stay in continual communication with Me, whispering My Name whenever you need to redirect your thoughts.  Thus you can walk through this day with your focus on Me. My abiding Presense is the best road map available. 

Scripture for Meditation

The Lord replied, "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." Exodus 33:14

Music for Meditation

What A Friend We Have in Jesus by Alan Jackson

 


If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com.

4 comments:

  1. Sally, I am praying for you. Have a blessed day. Love, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally and Jim, our prayers go with you both today. May you feel the presence of God through the love expressed by your friends and family. Kak, thanks for setting up this site. The words, music and meditations will surely be welcomed company on this journey. "Be still my soul"...Be at peace today and know that you are loved. mimi & ned
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ2b8oqmfgw

    ReplyDelete
  3. well the link isn't hot... but you can copy and paste it into the browser... It is worth a listen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally and Jim, I know you only through Mimi, but I pray that day by day, the Lord's presence will keep you strong during this time. There are no easy answers or magic bullets, only God's steadfast love and grace. "For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39) Blessings and peace, Sharon and John Schuler

    ReplyDelete