Thursday, April 21, 2011

Having faith the size of a mustard seed


Dear Sally this is Monte,

Just wanted to say that the West coast is representing, by being prayer warriors for you.

Matthew 17:20 says if you have the faith of a mustard seed, you could tell this mountain to move from here to there and it will move. I also recently found out a little info about mustard seeds. 

Did you know they are one of the strongest seeds on this planet.  They are super tiny, if you have never seen one, yet in their small stature they are on of the toughest.  Anyway, this is a verse I try to live by and my hope is it gives you a bit of inspiration. 

God is good, he really is, and the Jones family will continue to pray for you and your family.  You are an inspiration to us, and hope we can be an inspiration to you.  We love you very much.

Monte, Kara, Trevor, and Lauren.

1 comment:

  1. This prayer was received through Prayers for Sally email:

    I thank you, Lord Jesus, for becoming a human being so I do not have to pretend or try to be God.

    I thank you, Lord Jesus, for becoming finite and limited so I do not have to pretend that I am infinite and limitless.

    I thank you, crucified God, for becoming mortal so I do not have to try to make myself immortal.

    I thank you, Lord Jesus, for becoming inferior so I do not have to pretend that I am superior to anyone.

    I thank you Lord Jesus for dying and being raised to new, resurrected life, so that I do not have to fear always that I am human, and finite, and will in my own time suffer and die.

    I pray you will accompany me Lord Jesus in this life and into the next.

    Rev. Martha Louise Harkness (and adapted by Ned Beckes)

    ReplyDelete