Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"Arise, and do not be afraid."

Dear Sally,

We are happy to hear you were released from the hospital yesterday. Your Prayer Warriors have held virtual hands and prayed during your hospital stay, and we will continue as you undergo more procedures.

This morning's meditation comes from Max Lucado's book FEARLESS.

I wonder if the disciples ever reflected on the most-often repeated phrases of Christ. If so, they would have noted: "he was always calling us to courage."

So don't be afraid. You are worth much more than many sparrows. (Mt. 10:31 NCV)

Take courage, son, your sins are forgiven. (Matthew 9:2 NASB)

Don't worry about everyday life-whether you have enough . . . (Matthew 6:25)

Don't be afraid. Just believe, and your daughter will be well. (Luke 8:50 NCV)

It's all right. I am here! Don't be afraid. (Matthew 14:27 NCV)

Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. (Matthew 10:28)

Do not fear, little flock, for it is your father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. (Luke 12:32)

Don’t be troubled. You trust God, not trust in me . . . I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. (John 14:1-3 NLT)

. . . don’t be troubled or afraid. (John 14:27)

Why are you frightened?” he asked. “Why are your hearts filled with doubt? (Luke 24:38 NLT)

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. (Matthew 25:6 NIV)

Jesus came and touched them and said, ‘Arise, and do not be afraid.’ (Matthew 17:8 NKJV)

Prayer for Meditation
by Ned Beckes

Lord Jesus, Help Sally, our sister, not to give up, but give in. Help her give into your love, to find hope and peace in letting go of what she cannot control. To trust in your intimate presence and care. Amen

1 comment:

  1. This post was received through Prayers for Sally email:

    Dear Precious Sally,

    Please know that you are on our hearts and in our prayers, beautiful lady! How grateful we are for you, for who God created you to be and for His love that pours through you in this world. We thank Him for the precious friendship has woven our families together...we love you, Sally.

    This was an email that arrived in my mailbox yesterday that I believe is Warm Hug from Jesus...Sharing...

    I Believe (A Confession of Faith)

    I believe God is near:

    The LORD is close to all who call on Him, yes, to all who call on Him in truth. Psalm 145:18 NLT

    I believe the Lord is near me, with me, beside me, about me, above me, behind me, ahead of me, at my right hand and my left. I believe that underneath me are His everlasting arms. I believe He is closer than the closest friend, nearer than my very breath—abiding within, joined to my spirit, quickening my body, lighting my heart with His light, filling its chambers with His love.

    I believe God can:

    "Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me? Psalm 32:27 NKJV

    I believe God can take care of me, will take of me, and is taking care of me. I believe He is taking good care of me. I believe He is taking care of me because He cares about me. I believe He can do what no one else can do. I believe all things are possible because nothing is impossible with the Lord. I believe nothing is too big for Him to handle and He cares about the smallest detail. I believe God can give me, by His grace, everything I need to be fully equipped to do His will and serve Him in a way that will be pleasing in His sight.

    Please know that we are here, holding you and your precious so very close, trusting the Lord for ALL.

    We Love You,
    Prayers, Hugs and Grateful,
    Karen Somerlot Raymer

    ReplyDelete