Thursday, March 29, 2012

Lord, help me listen so that I hear your best answers to my requests.


It is not enough to pray for answers
if we are too stubborn to listen to what the Lord is telling us.   

~~Allison Bottke 

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
As a milestone event approaches, we shop for a new dress. We know exactly what we want or else we search until we find the perfect one. No sales clerk can change our minds. We know what we want.
How often do we petition God with the same determination? We know our needs and we know exactly how we want them to be met. We know what he should provide for us, when he should provide it, or how he should deal with that person who hurt us. We aren’t ready to hear another alternative. We may not recognize when God sends a friend or a Scripture to soften our hearts in order to hear him. If we’re too stubborn to listen to what God is saying, we miss his perfect answers.
Listen with an open heart. God’s answers may surprise you.  
Prayer for Meditation
Lord, help me listen so that I hear your best answers to my requests.  
Scripture for Meditation  
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. John 10:27 

Music for Meditation 

Word of God Speak

 

If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment