Monday, February 6, 2012

Teach me to praise you today in every circumstance.


Lord, teach me to worship You with my whole heart the way You want me to. Make me a true worshiper. May praise and worship of You be my first response to every circumstance. 

~~Stormie Omartian  

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
It would do us good to consider our first responses to every situation we encounter in a given day. First response to no milk left in the fridge for breakfast. First response to a traffic jam. First response to plans changed due to a child’s sudden cough. First response to a perceived slight. First response to the long line at the store to buy the needed milk.
What if our first response to every circumstance was praise and worship? Is that even possible?
It is when you ask God to help you. He can show you what worship with all your heart in every circumstance looks like and feels like.
When you worship God with your whole heart in grateful contemplation of his majesty and love, there’s little room for self-pity or anger—those typical first responses. Instead, God gets in and infuses even the frustrating situations with renewed grace.
Prayer for Meditation
Teach me to praise you today in every circumstance.
Scripture for Meditation
But I will keep on hoping for your help; I will praise you more and more.
Psalm 71:14  

Music for Meditation 

Give Me Jesus

 

If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment