Monday, February 13, 2012

Lord Jesus, my soul rests in you.


O faithful soul!
The repose enjoyed in thyself is but a shadow of that which thou wilt find in God! 

~~Madame Guyon  

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
Rest. Repose. Times of quiet when we can think—about God, about life, about what we are called to do. Such times grant us refreshment, a needed break, a time to refocus.
And yet, Madame Guyon would have us realize that those precious times are a mere shadow of the kind of rest that our soul can find in God.
Our soul thirsts; he alone can satisfy. We hunger to know the depths of God’s love; he fills us to overflowing with nourishment from his Word. We face difficult times; he gives us the refreshment that keeps us moving forward. We struggle with guilt over sins we have committed; he alone grants us forgiveness that brings true peace and repose. We need rest from the storm; he invites us into his refuge and wraps his arms of protection around us.
Today let your soul find its best rest in him.
Prayer for Meditation
Lord Jesus, my soul rests in you.
Scripture for Meditation
Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken.
My victory and honor come from God alone.
He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me.
O my people, trust in him at all times.
Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge. Psalm 62:5-8  

Music for Meditation 

Perfect Peace

 

If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment