Tuesday, August 9, 2011

He wants to love you forever . . .


God is not mad at you. He is madly in love with you.

~~Victoria Osteen

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
That’s it! You think. I’ve messed up once too often; God must certainly be mad at me now. The mistakes I’ve made are unforgivable. It’s hopeless. How could God love someone who messes up this much?
But God is not mad at you; he is madly in love with you. So much so that he sent his only Son to die on the cross so that your sins may be forgiven. You see, God understands your weaknesses; he knows you’re not perfect, but he loves you anyway. He is not about to give up on you. When you realize that, you don’t need to give up on yourself. Let his love and forgiveness help you overcome the burdens of your past mistakes.
In short, let him love you. He is reaching out to you today. He wants to love you forever.
Prayer for Meditation
Thank you for your amazing love. I am madly in love with you, too.
Scripture for Meditation
Long ago the Lord said to Israel: “I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself. Jeremiah 31:3
Music for Meditation

Jesus is Love 



If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment