Wednesday, August 31, 2011

God should be imbued into every arena and detail of our lives


I sprang to my feet, shouting, “hallelujah,” and then for the first time I realized that I had been trying to hold the world in one hand and the Lord in the other.

~~Fanny Crosby

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
Our lives are full, without a doubt. We literally and figuratively “have our hands full” as we seek to juggle family, friends, job, community responsibilities, and trying to take care of ourselves in the process. Too often, however, we find ourselves dropping the balls and watching them bounce all over our lives.
What’s the problem? Perhaps we’re trying to juggle life with one hand, at the same time holding the Lord in the other. Fanny Crosby discovered that doing so didn’t work. Why keep the Lord separate from all aspects of our busy lives as if he doesn’t apply? Why not put the two together?
God should be imbued into every arena and detail of our lives—every shopping trip, every assist with homework, every service project, every relationship. Juggling with both hands is so much easier.  
Hallelujah!
Prayer for Meditation
I want you to be involved in everything I do today, my Lord,
Scripture for Meditation
I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. Psalm 16:8
Music for Meditation

I Feel My Savior’s Love


If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment