Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Choose today to focus on the blessings in your life


Oh what a happy soul am I although I cannot see, I am resolved that contended I shall be. How many blessings I enjoy. To weep and sigh because I’m blind? I cannot and I won’t

~~Fanny Crosby

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
We must resolve to be content; it is an act of our will. Contentment is a choice, not a result of a job completed or of perfect life circumstances. If we connect contentment to a work or expectation, then contentment will only come to those who finish the job. If we connect contentment with perfect life circumstances, well—we will probably never find it.
Life is filled with unfinished and interrupted work, yet contentment is available. Or, as with Fanny Crosby, life may deal us difficult circumstances beyond our control. We can weep and sigh, or we can decide that we cannot and won’t do so. Instead, we can choose to focus on the blessings we can enjoy.
Choose today to find contentment, to focus on the blessings in your life. Grab those blessings and don’t let go. Focus on thankfulness and, like Fanny, you will find true contentment.
Prayer for Meditation
Jesus, I choose today to focus on the blessings you have so generously given me.
Scripture for Meditation
Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to get along happily whether I have much or little. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need. Philippians 4:11-13
Music for Meditation

Traditional Irish Blessing 


If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment