Friday, July 29, 2011

I'll Live For You


It’s all very well to read about sorrows and imagine yourself living through them heroically,
but it’s not so nice when you really come to have them, is it?  

~~ Lucy Maud Montgomery

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
There comes a time for each of us when life calls our bluff. We can easily parrot the promises we know from Scripture—that God won’t give us something we can’t handle, that he will work all things together for good, that our faith grows best in the times of testing. Then suddenly we are bowled over by a betrayal that we never saw coming, a tragedy that takes our breath away, a sorrow that won’t let go. All that we have imagined of our strong and heroic faith under fire evaporates. We find that trust is hard work indeed.
Sadly, we often fail to live up to our own ideals, which is why we need someone else who can bridge the gap between who we are and who we long to be. Someone to live his life through us.
That someone is Jesus. He will live heroically through you.
Prayer for Meditation
Live through me in this difficult time, Lord. You are my hero.
Scripture for Meditation
I myself no longer live, but Christ lives in me. So I live my life in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20
Music for Meditation

I’ll Live For You 


If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. This message was received through Prayers For Sally email from Bob Whtie:

    Sally,

    Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers daily. Aunt Florence has been a great source of information to Mother and keeps me updated on you and family. Aunt Florence just amazes me with her wonderful spirit, sharp wit, keen mind and youthful exuberance. I love and cherish the opportunities to see her and share scripture with her. She is such a blessing.

    Your battle has far reaching effects as I gain strength through the loving words and prayers from your many friends. The messages and scripture they share lift me and encourage me. As one message said, 'God does not waste anything' Amen to that!

    Be strengthened in faith and surrounded with His love.

    John 14:27..."MY(emphasis added) peace I give you..."

    Peace, Shalom, Eirene.
    Love,
    Bob

    ReplyDelete