Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sweet Hour of Prayer - May 1 at 6:00 PM Eastern






Join Us Tonight For A

Virtual Hour of Prayer and Meditation
For Sally’s Healing

Sally is getting a port-a-cath on Tuesday and will resume chemotherapy the following week. Please pray for the following specific requests:

That the procedure is successful
That the procedure is pain free
That she has no fear or anxiety
That her energy is restored
That her health continues to improve
The the chemo is effective

Sally visited with family last night, and she looked beautiful!

This morning our prayer and meditation comes from another excerpt from Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence by Sarah Young.

I AM A GOD of both intricate detail and overflowing abundance. When you entrust the details of your life to Me, you are surprised by how thoroughly I answer your petitions. I take pleasure in hearing your prayers, so feel free to bring Me all your requests. The more you pray the more answers you can receive. Best of all, your faith is strengthened as you see how precisely I respond to your specific prayers.

Because I am infinite in all My ways, you need not fear that I will run out of resources. Abundance is at the very heart of who I AM. Come to Me in joyful expectation of receiving all you need—and sometimes much more. I delight in showering blessings on My beloved children. Come to Me with open hands and heart, ready to receive all I have for you.

Scripture for Meditation

How precious is your unfailing love, O God! All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings. You feed them from the abundance of your own house, letting them drink from your rivers of delight. Psalm 36:7-9

I will make this city prosper and satisfy its poor with food. Psalm 132:15

Now gather the leftovers, Jesus told his disciples, so that nothing is wasted. There were only five barley loaves to start with, but twelve baskets were filled with the pieces of bread the people did not eat. John 6: 12-13

Music for Meditation

Sweet Hour of Prayer by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir



If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com. Sally loves to receive your notes. They lift her up.

1 comment:

  1. Sally,
    You were in my thoughts often today.
    Isaiah 40:11
    "He tends his flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart . . ."

    Rest in the peace that He will gather you in His arms and carry you close to His heart through each step of this difficult journey. I continue to ask God for your complete healing.

    ReplyDelete