Sunday, March 18, 2012

Lord, I don’t need to have all the answers because I know you’re in control.


The secret of God is upon our tabernacle; / into His mystery I dare not pry. Only this I know; / With Him is strength, with Him is wisdom, / and His wisdom hath set darkness in our paths.  
~~Helen Keller 

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
Helen Keller, blind and deaf, knew about darkness. She understood, probably more than any of us, what it meant to be lonely, alone, left in the darkness and the silence. Did she ever question God: “Why did you choose to take those two senses from me? Why did you leave me dependent on others for the rest of my life?” In spite of that understandable frustration, this is what she writes: It is in God’s wisdom that we don’t understand. God knows what’s best for us. Sometimes what is best for us is to not have all the answers.
Are we content to learn what God wants to teach us, or are we constantly trying to pry into mysteries that he has chosen to keep hidden? Be content, sister, to let your Father teach you his lessons in his time.
His strength and his wisdom are enough.
Prayer for Meditation
 Lord, I don’t need to have all the answers because I know you’re in control.
Scripture for Meditation
Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity: All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely .I Corinthians 13:12 

Music for Meditation 

It Is Well With My Soul


If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment