Thursday, February 16, 2012

Lord, I submit to your word and will. I long to worship you in all I do.


Every single time I confess my self-reliance and submit my life to God’s will in a particular area, I am worshiping God.  
~~Barbara Hughes 

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.

We long to please God, but in the heat of the moment we often do the opposite of what God would have us do. When someone hurts us, we retaliate. When someone betrays us, we get angry. If our rights are denied, we’re ready for a fight.
But what if we decided to submit to God’s will in every situation?
What if, instead of doing what comes naturally, we obeyed God? This is what that might look like. We’d show love to our enemies and pray for those who persecute us. We’d submit to our husbands, even when we disagree. We’d honor our parents, even when they’re difficult. We’d pray instead of worry. We’d forgive instead of holding a grudge. We’d confess our self-reliance. We’d submit to God’s will.
You prove God’s worth to you every time you choose to obey him. And that is true worship.
Prayer for Meditation
Lord, I submit to your word and will. I long to worship you in all I do.
Scripture for Meditation
Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. Romans 12:2 

Music for Meditation 

Change My Heart of God

 

If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment