Friday, November 25, 2011

Empty your hands and lift them to the One who can give you perfect rest and true happiness.


I can never have perfect rest or true happiness, until, that is, I am so attached to him that there can be no created thing between my God and me.
~~Julian of Norwich

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
Perfect, heartwarming, refreshing rest and happiness. A quiet elation that fills the soul to overflowing. Yet such rest and happiness seem as elusive as the fountain of youth.
Or are they? Julian of Norwich had the secret to both: Remain attached to God—so close that nothing comes between you and him.
The branch of a vine has only to remain attached to gain nutrients from the vine. So it is with those who trust the Savior. We gain what we need and even what we desire through our attachment to the Savior. He did the work and offers us the benefits through our relationship with him.
Rest and joy are within your grasp. But you can’t claim either if your hands are already full. Empty your hands and lift them to the One who can give you perfect rest and true happiness.
Prayer for Meditation
Savior, give me the courage to let go of anyone or anything that comes between us.  
Scripture for Meditation
But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted. When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my Father. John 15:7-8.
Music for Meditation

Perfect Peace


If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment