Friday, September 9, 2011

The Ruler of heaven and earth watches over you every moment of every day


God is offering Himself to your daily; and the rate of exchange is fixed; your sins for His forgiveness, your hurt for His balm of healing, your sorrow for His joy.
~~Barbara Johnson

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
God offers himself to you daily. Think of it! Who else does that? Who else comes running whenever you have a need? Your mother? Your father? A dear sister? A friend? And even if you have many loved ones who are faithful to assist you, how much can they really do? Their efforts are limited by their humanity.
But, think of it. God, the Creator of the universe, the Ruler of heaven and earth, watches over you every moment of every day. And nothing is impossible for him. He stands ready to exchange your sins for his forgiveness, your pain for his healing, and your sorrow for his abundant joy. God is able to walk you through your problems and meet your needs according to his wisdom and his timing. He chose you, bought you, calls you by name, and enjoys taking care of you.
Take him up on it.
Prayer for Meditation
I praise you, Lord God my father, for watching over me. I worship you.
Scripture for Meditation
Bend down, O LORD, and hear my prayer; answer me, for I need your help.
Protect me, for I am devoted to you. Save me, for I serve you and trust you. You are my God.
Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am calling on you constantly.
Give me happiness, O Lord, for I give myself to you. Psalm 86:1-4

Music for Meditation

Wonderful Merciful Savior 


If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment