Tuesday, July 26, 2011

God is Green


Sometimes in life we face incredibly complex situation—
some created by our foolishness; some by our lack of wisdom.
All are allowed by God for a greater purpose in our lives.

~~Jan Silvious

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
God is green. He lets no event go to waste in our lives. Whether it was a bad decision, a foolish action, or someone else’s bad choice, at times incredibly complex situations arise and leave us wondering how we can ever recover. But in God’s economy, nothing is ever wasted—not even the bad stuff. If we got ourselves into the mess, God’s grace prevails. As we live with the consequences of choices made, God watches over us, willingly transforming the situation for a greater purpose in our lives.
So take heart, dear sister. Whatever complex situation is making your life difficult, be encouraged. God has not given up on you; don’t give up on yourself. He has a greater purpose in and through this situation. You may not be able to see it, but trust the promise. God won’t waste the pain.
Prayer for Meditation
Lord, I trust that you will turn this situation around for your glory.
Scripture for Meditation
His anger lasts for a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime!
Weeping may go on all night,
but joy comes with the morning.
When I was prosperous, I said,
“Nothing can stop me now!”
Your favor, O LORD, made me as secure as a mountain.
Then you turned away from me, and I was shattered.
I cried out to you, O LORD.
I begged the Lord for mercy, saying,
“What will you gain if I die,
if I sink down in the grave?
Can my dust praise you from the grave?
Can it tell the world of your faithfulness?
Hear me, LORD, and have mercy on me.
Help me, O LORD.” 
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing,
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever! Psalm 30:5-12

Music for Meditation

Broken into Beautiful 


If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. This post was received through Prayers for Sally email from Garry Sennett:

    It's me again Gracie! Just wanted to say hello and hope you are feeling ok and hope you had a good weekend. I'm praying for your nightly.

    Talk to you later.

    Garry

    ReplyDelete