Sunday, November 6, 2011

Wait, my child. Sit quietly. Let me work in you


God is more interested in teaching me through a situation than in using me in a situation.

~~Carole Mayhall

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
We desperately want to be out working, serving, and doing for God, but at times we feel sidetracked. Wrapped up in raising children, housebound with an illness, separated from projects and people that we care about—we feel that we are not doing anything at all for God’s kingdom. If he’s not working through us, then, well, nothing good can be happening. We want to be anywhere but where God has us.
Instead, God says, “Wait, my child. Sit quietly. Let me work in you.” As our hearts catch up to that understanding, the dissatisfaction and disappointment dissipate. Restlessness and grumbling are replaced with praise and thanksgiving to God. Our minds and spirits open to hear God’s instruction. Our hearts soften to soak up God’s love.
With God working in you, you’re never sidelined, never useless. He will teach you wherever he has you.
Prayer for Meditation
I put my desires before you, God, ready to receive your instruction.  
Scripture for Meditation
Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes. Psalm 37:7
Music for Meditation

I Feel My Savior’s Love 


If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment