Thursday, November 3, 2011


Knowing where you are going takes the uncertainty out of getting there.

~~Anne Graham Lotz

This morning’s prayer and meditation for Sally’s healing comes from Take Heart, Oh God: Riches from the Greatest Christian Women Writers of All Time.
Distress. Disappointment. Disease. Death. Struggles in life can make our hands tremble, our hearts pound, and our knees buckle.
Until we reflect on our final destination.
When we know we’re going to heaven, certainty fills our hearts as we look forward to the joy, beauty, and welcome that we know will meet us there. As we fix our eyes on our ultimate destination, we have the courage and the hope to handle whatever comes our way.
The road you’re on today may be littered with fear, anxiety, or worry. The future may not look or feel like a sure thing.
Look up! Heaven is a sure thing. God can be counted on. Keep going, regardless of the twists, turns, and unexpected detours on your journey. Keep going, certain of the One who saved you. Keep going, letting the picture and promise of heaven fill your steps with confidence and hope.
Prayer for Meditation
Thank you, God, for reminding me where I’m going so I can confidently face today.
Scripture for Meditation
Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you. When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. John 14:1-3
Music for Meditation

Through it All 

  
If you feel led to do so, please post a note of encouragement in the comment section below, or send your note by email to PrayersForSally@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment